Pre-regulatory Meeting Locations and Agendas and Summaries
- General Licensing Requirements
- Background for Breakout Session Discussions:
- Fact Sheet – Regulations Process
- Fact Sheet – Medical Cannabis Regulation and Safety Act
- State Agency Responsibilities
- Cross Licensure Guide
- BMCR-OCMS pre-regulatory overview
- BMCR concepts for general licensing
- BMCR-OCMS pre-regulatory overview and concepts for general licensing (video)
The Bureau of Medical Cannabis Regulation (BMCR) and Office of Medical Cannabis Safety (OMCS) within the California Department of Public Health will be holding our first pre-regulatory stakeholder meetings this September and October. We will be discussing issues related to general licensing requirements, and specific concepts related to the regulation of medical cannabis dispensaries, distributors, manufacturers, testing laboratories and transporters. Please join us for one of the events to share your ideas and specific input.
Monday, September 19 – Redding
1100 Parkview Avenue
Tuesday, September 20 – Sacramento
Citrus Heights Community Center
6300 Fountain Square Drive
Citrus Heights, CA
Thursday, September 22 – Santa Rosa
Santa Rosa Veterans Memorial Building, Lodge Room
1351 Maple Avenue
Santa Rosa, CA
Monday, September 26 – Oakland
Elihu M. Harris Building
1515 Clay Street
Tuesday, September 27 – Fresno
Clovis Veterans Memorial District
808 4th Street
Tuesday, October 4 – Los Angeles
Loyola Marymount University
St. Robert’s Auditorium
1 LMU Drive
Los Angeles, CA
Wednesday, October 5 – San Diego
404 Euclid Avenue
San Diego, CA
Tuesday, October 18, 2016 – Santa Ana
505 E. Central Ave.
Santa Ana, CA
The schedule for each day will be as follows:
1:00 – 1:45 p.m. Opening remarks and overview of BMCR and OMCS
1:45 – 2:45 p.m. Discussions of general licensing requirements
2:45 – 3:00 p.m. Break
3:00 – 4:30 p.m. Break-out discussions by license type
4:30 – 7:00 p.m. Opportunity for stakeholders to provide comments
- These are pre-regulatory meetings to solicit input from stakeholders on medical cannabis regulations. All members of the public are invited and encouraged to participate.
- Space is limited at each venue. Please register for one meeting location only to allow space for participants across California to attend meetings near them.
- All pre-regulatory meetings will follow the same format and discussion topics.
- Subscribe to email alerts to hear about updates as they become available.
For additional information and registration, visit http://bmcr-omcs-prereg.eventbrite.com.